GameAmp Alliance

Forum of Awesome
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Preparing for GW2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Preparing for GW2   Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey all,

As the beginning of the GW2 adventure is starting to become very close, I am still trying to raise those points in my HoM just to get the max out of it. It seems like I've spent most of my time on gw just messing around with some of my friends instead of doing the things that are needed for my HoM Smile, as it shows now. My main goal is to get to 30 points, and I'm at 21 points, soon to be 24 (got my tormented and destroyer weapons, and working on some titles). Now here's where you guys come in. If you have anything that I could use in my pursuit of getting 30 points (or more), I would be more than happy to buy the items. I'm thinking of gems or other crafting materials for armor/weapons, maybe mini pets.... (with a kind request of some minor price deductions :p).

thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yol

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:53 am

Regarding armours, if you let us know which ones you are going for, and for which profession(s), we'll know what materials you'll need for them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:06 am

Atm I have primeval, norn and asuran armor in my HoM. I'll probably buy some ancient and monument to display 5 armors since those are the cheapest. I guess kurzick, vabbian or obsidian are out of my league. Unless you advice me to go for kurzick to get that extra point, since I only get to 29 with my current plan. (professions are dervish, elementalist or ritualist, I don't care which of the 3)
As for my weapons, I could use iron ingots, diamonds and granite slabs since those prices are going up, for my destroyer weapons.
I could also use those parts to give my heroes elite armor.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yol

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Ahr Meh wrote:
Atm I have primeval, norn and asuran armor in my HoM. I'll probably buy some ancient and monument to display 5 armors since those are the cheapest.

I think I have the mats for dervish ancient and ele monument, as long as you don't mind not having the headgear (which you don't need if it's just for the HoM).

Ahr Meh wrote:
I guess kurzick, vabbian or obsidian are out of my league. Unless you advice me to go for kurzick to get that extra point, since I only get to 29 with my current plan. (professions are dervish, elementalist or ritualist, I don't care which of the 3)
Ecto prices are dropping through the floor at the moment (6.5k at the rare mat trader) but shards aren't following them. So obs armour probably is out of the question, unless you already have some of the mats.
Kurzick armour is definitely doable though....with the wayfarer reverie event running, you get double faction for kills, so vanquishing the kurzick areas will net you some decent amounts of kurz faction which you can swap for amber. You'll need 70 (no headgear), and male rit kurz armour looks great. That's 350k kurz faction needed for 70 amber, and you'll need 550k faction transferred to get r4 kurz for HoM. Farm enough points for the amber, then farm another 100k points and donate it to the alliance (it'll be doubled to 200k). For reference, you get around 15k points for vanquishing drazach thicket.

Ahr Meh wrote:
As for my weapons, I could use iron ingots, diamonds and granite slabs since those prices are going up, for my destroyer weapons.
I could also use those parts to give my heroes elite armor.
Can't help you there, sorry. Anyone else?

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=details&details=AcAAAAgPCMCIAQgAggnAAAAACCAAAAAAPMEIQAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:52 pm

Ok! Thanks for the fast reply, I'll try to do some vanquishing to get some kurzick faction (seems to be controlled by the luxons mostly lately aaargh Smile).
As for the hero armor thingy, I only need one more so I'll be able to get that from the challenge missions, or buy it at a cheap price.
My major concern is destroyer weapons, since those are probably still the cheapest to create but the material prices are skyrocketing (unless I do a lot of the wanted quests to get oppressor).
One last question, as I've been mostly doing PvE, is the zaishen key title the only way to go for a pvp title?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yol

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:05 pm

Ahr Meh wrote:
Ok! Thanks for the fast reply, I'll try to do some vanquishing to get some kurzick faction (seems to be controlled by the luxons mostly lately aaargh Smile).
As for the hero armor thingy, I only need one more so I'll be able to get that from the challenge missions, or buy it at a cheap price.
My major concern is destroyer weapons, since those are probably still the cheapest to create but the material prices are skyrocketing (unless I do a lot of the wanted quests to get oppressor).
One last question, as I've been mostly doing PvE, is the zaishen key title the only way to go for a pvp title?

I haven't been in-game for a few days, so I don't know where the faction line is at the moment. If it's all luxon, then you might have to go for the luxon title for vanquishing. Alternatively, do FA or JQ and use the imperial faction for either Kurz or Lux (depending on which armour you want and which title for HoM) and use the balthazar faction for zkeys. All of the pvp titles can be entered into the HoM at particular ranks, but zaishen title is the one mainly aimed at pve players. You'll need 200 keys (5k balthazar each, or purchased from other players).

Just checked the mats for the armours I mentioned above, and I don't have the 35 elonian leather for dervish ancient. The cloth, silk and hide I do have, so if I catch you in-game tomorrow you can have them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slye boy

avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:11 pm

i have 5 diamonds and 14 amber chunks you can have if you want them, i'll give them you, just need to arrange a time to swap them over, i also have a few spare mini's i may be willing to part with for either free or cheap:

kvedulf
fungal wallow
roaring ether
and
black beast of arrrgggghhhh

first three you can have, last i'd rather have something for, you know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:12 am

The materials would be great, thanks! As for the minipets, I could use the wallow and black beast but that would get me to 26 minipets, so I don't think I'll be able to get to 30 in these last days. I'll probably use every gold coin for my armor and weapons Smile.
For the swapping, just name a time you'll be playing and I'll try to be on.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yol

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Ahr Meh wrote:
The materials would be great, thanks! As for the minipets, I could use the wallow and black beast but that would get me to 26 minipets, so I don't think I'll be able to get to 30 in these last days. I'll probably use every gold coin for my armor and weapons Smile.
For the swapping, just name a time you'll be playing and I'll try to be on.
Thanks!

I have an abomination and a cobalt scabara if you need those as well.

Remember, just because GW2 pre-launches on Saturday, doesn't mean you won't be able to add to your GW1 HoM after Saturday. I suspect that the prices of a lot of things will drop in GW1 over the next few weeks, and some players will be clearing storage and giving away stuff, so it might be a good idea to pop into GW1 every now and then to check the chat channels in Kamadan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 pm

I see, I heard a lot of people saying something like they would close the HoM or so, but it's good to hear that. The only thing is, I have 3 more days to play, and after that I'm going on holiday with my gf, and then with my friends, and after that school starts again 24th September. So these few days I'll try to do most things, if not all of the things. It's not like I won't play gw2 if I don't have 30 points :p, it would just be great to have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeiLieu

avatar

Posts : 23
Join date : 2012-07-24
Age : 38
Location : USA, WA, Seattle

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

i have ish-piles of extra materials, find me in-game and I'll do mybest to fill in the blanks

and zkeys is definitely the easiest way to get the pvp title. only need tier3 (i think) for the statue. I don't pvp, so i haxxed my way earning balth faction little by little in the training arenas Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 am

Thanks all for the help already Smile, to keep you guys updated, I've reached 26 points Smile. Should I buy any Kurzick armor, plus some other cheap armor (ancient, or monument...) I reach 29 points. So I'm working to getting amber chunks. After that, I have to get one more point somewhere.
I've been thinking amount the minipets. I'm at 24 minipets, but with those of Yol and Slye, that would make 28 pets which is really close to that one last point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yol

avatar

Posts : 247
Join date : 2009-04-13
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 am

Ahr Meh wrote:
Thanks all for the help already Smile, to keep you guys updated, I've reached 26 points Smile. Should I buy any Kurzick armor, plus some other cheap armor (ancient, or monument...) I reach 29 points. So I'm working to getting amber chunks. After that, I have to get one more point somewhere.
I've been thinking amount the minipets. I'm at 24 minipets, but with those of Yol and Slye, that would make 28 pets which is really close to that one last point.

I might be able to get a black widow and imperial phoenix with you tonight, but you'll need another 8 hero upgrades to get the next point....they can be bought fairly cheaply (particularly brotherhood).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:04 pm

So, getting some more amber chunks and a few minipets will get me to 30 points. 10 mins ago, I just asked a guy to trade my jadeite shards for his amber chunks. He didn't want jadeite shards, so he decided to give the amber chunks as a gift . You have to love the guild wars community, hopefully gw2 will be the same! And thanks again to all of you who helped me out a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slye boy

avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:25 pm

sorry, just got back to reply :s
i don't really play gw1 any more, so you name a time this week and i'll get them to you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:44 am

Ok, I'm a European player, and you are probably for the US, so it's going to be hard to get the time right :p. I live in GMT+2, and will be on tonight, which is 6pm GMT+2. Just tell me when you'l be able to go online in gw. I can easily arrange to get online, since I'm on summer break.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ahr Meh



Posts : 15
Join date : 2012-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:53 am

I no longer need amber chunks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
slye boy

avatar

Posts : 107
Join date : 2009-04-11
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:31 pm

actually i'm from the uk Smile and also on holiday untill the 2nd, so i'm totally free, sorry i missed you today though :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
everdream



Posts : 28
Join date : 2009-06-29
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:40 am

found someone to trade straight up for amber?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Preparing for GW2   

Back to top Go down
 
Preparing for GW2
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GameAmp Alliance :: Market :: Buying-
Jump to: